Friday, September 27, 2013

Velvet - Pre-digital Pics

The photos I put in the first post were mostly since the kids were born.  We got our first digital camera right before Grace was born.  Velvet had already been with us for 4 years.  There were dozens of pictures in boxes and photo albums that I went through today.  I've tried to pick some of the best ones.
One of hundreds of tug-of-war matches.
Graduation from Doggie School Day!
They would play tug of war with anything.  We finally had to buy the "indestructible" soccer ball for Velvet.  Any other ball would last about 5 seconds.  It's still sitting in the yard.  The advertisements did not lie.  It survived 13 years of hard play and will probably last another hundred years.
If Shadow could hang on, they often brought the fetched item back together.  Good teamwork!
I'm not kidding.  This is how we used to sleep.  Shadow started sleeping on my shoulder when she was tiny, then gradually wrapped herself around my head as she got bigger.  Velvet either slept in the middle or at our feet.  They got kicked out of bed when Grace was born.
We had Shadow for 2 weeks when we went hiking on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.  She was so tiny, she couldn't keep up.  We carried her a lot of the way, but Velvet was so excited to have a new hiking buddy.  
Always taking naps on our bed.  Definitely before the severe shedding adulthood days... There's no way I'd let either one of them on or in my bed now.  
On a camping trip with David and Earl.
David and Velvet are in the middle on top of the arch.  
All of us at the top of Deseret Peak with Steve Guenther.  That was a crazy hard hike.  I thought I would die.  The only reason I made it to the top was because Velvet and Shadow pulled me half the way up.  Please ignore the dorky matching Utah Jazz hats we are wearing.  We thought they were cool.  
Our first family picture with both dogs.
What Snelgrove Ice Cream?
Velvet secretly wished to be small enough to be a lap dog.
We had Velvet about 2 weeks in this photo.  David's new best sports watching buddy.
"Fetch Time!  Don't even think about saying no!"

If you're just coming to the blog and haven't read Velvet's "obituary" post, you should probably check that out for reference.  It's a couple posts back from this one.

As Grace has said a hundred times:  "Best Dog in the Universe (no offense, Shadow.)"

No comments: