Friday, September 13, 2013

David's 20th (reunion, that is), cars, hair cuts, and cousins

Seriously, all these weeks and pictures are running together now.  I can barely keep it all straight.  But, after we got back from camping, we spent the rest of the week hanging with my family, fixing my car (thanks Dad!!), getting Harriet's first brave haircut, and seeing old high school friends at David's 20th Reunion.  

Before we get to the ONE reunion pic, let's take a gander through the cousin shots and related items:
(This is one way I always think of my dad - forever under a car, with bloody knuckles.  He did so much to help me get my Pathfinder driving right this month.)
(before)
Harriet has been asking for short hair for a long time.  I finally decided she should have the haircut she wanted.  I didn't want her to have to keep her long hair just because everyone thought it was pretty and a shame to cut.  I love that she gets brave and does things like this sometimes.  
My cousin, Lauren, cut it at her salon in Salt Lake.  Harriet donated her leftover locks to the Locks of Love program who make wigs for kids who lose their hair to cancer.  
(after)
It turned out SO cute!  
Harriet is loving it and it is much easier for her to wash and deal with in the mornings!
The 5 Mitchell cousins.  These are the squirreliest kids around.  Getting a picture of all 5 sitting still is kind of a big accomplishment.  
I love pictures of the kids at the zoo.  We've been taking pics of Grace at Hogle zoo since she was only tall enough to peek through the bottom two rails.  This zoo day, we enjoyed the LEGO animals as much as the real ones.  
David and his friends from his old neighborhood at their 20th Cottonwood High School Reunion.  

I thought they had a great weekend.  My class is taking notes for next summer.  I was glad I got to go to the dinner on Saturday because a lot of these guys were my friends in high school and college too.  It's cool to see people who were your friends during those crazy years of your life, and even cooler to see that they have turned into mostly productive and upstanding members of society.  I David had taken pictures at the alumni night.  I have this one bad shot of him with his neighborhood friends and that's it.  

Good times, Salt Lake!  Thanks for everything.  But, no thanks for the half dozen viruses you sent us home with.  I've been on heavy duty antibiotics ever since, and that was 6 weeks ago!  Utah germs are the worst.  And, yes, both dogs made it home alive.  

No comments: