Friday, July 13, 2007

Basketball, Basketball, Basketball

Today Jared, Tara, Grace, and I drove the 75 minutes to Springfield to visit the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Despite having lived here for over 2 years and having driven past the Hall of Fame a couple of times it took Jared to get me to make the trek. Grace was excited about the "Basketball Museum" and she was a trooper. She got bored as I walked around the shrine level reading about the inductees, but as we got to some interactive items later on she had fun. While it wasn't a religious experience for me, it was interesting to read about some of the people and the history of basketball. I'll have to go back when John Stockton becomes eligible.

On a side note, Jared is becoming Grace's best friend. She didn't want daddy to hold her hand she wanted Jared. All I was good for was holding her hat. I also played a couple of games against Jared and while I lost it reminded me of the Shasta days back in junior high. I lost to Jared then and I lost to Jared today. But, I am winning this week in fantasy baseball. Let's hope I keep it up, so that I can get some payback.

Take a look at the pictures on Flickr.

No comments: