David's trip fell through, and I knew he wouldn't love Vegas, so we decided to stay home and maybe play in NM. Then, Brian and Wendy called and said they would be making a last minute trip down here, so we got to do all kinds of family things too.
The first half of the week, we spent playing with the Salt Lake Chapmans. Brian, Wendy, and David went on a few bike rides. The kids played all hours with Jeremiah. Many games were played at Grandma's. A sleepover happened, which included viewing the lunar eclipse/blood moon at 2 in the morning. Yep, the kids got up and went outside to see it at Grandma's house. Grace set her own alarm to be sure she didn't miss it. We considered going down to the museum. They had the observatory and planetarium open from 10pm to 2am that night. But, we decided we are too old and tired to be fully dressed and out in the middle of the night and opted for looking at it through the bedroom window.
The last day they were here, we headed to Tent Rocks with everyone (Grandma, Grandpa, Christine, Brian, Wendy, Jeremiah and us.) It's a fun hike, but I think it's better when it has just rained (like the first time I went.) This time it was super sandy and dusty. Still a pretty cool spot in NM. I spent most of the hike with Hattie, so I didn't get good pics of everyone.
The kids love climbing on this thing, but Hattie did it by herself this time and then got stuck up there like a cat up a tree. Grandpa and I tried to get her down for a while. Thankfully, Uncle Brian came by a while later and was tall and strong enough to grab her.
Slot canyons are pretty cool.
So are jewel-blue skies.
After the Chapmans left, we headed to Southern NM for Carlsbad Caverns. Next post please.










No comments:
Post a Comment