Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter Sunday is kind of a blur to me now.  This is why you have to keep up on things like blogging and journaling.  All I know is that we got back from Carlsbad on Friday night, seems like we did a million things Saturday, and then the Easter Bunny (and the Tooth Fairy) came that night.  Let's not talk about how old Grace is getting for these things, but she still wants and likes to believe, so I keep letting her.  (It was Grace who lost the tooth, very late, on Saturday night!  Can we give the magical creatures a break, peeps?!)

We had a nice Easter morning, filled with the usual egg hunt (girls requested that EB please hide the eggs in harder places so that the hunt would take longer.  He obliged.) New Easter Dresses, and since Harriet's birthday was in 6 days, we had a joint Easter/Hattie Family Birthday party after church with Grandma, Grandpa, and Christine.
 The grand tradition of our EB is that he puts cadbury mini eggs in plastic eggs on the stairs.  The kids polish up this area first and quick.
Kitty Cat was totally annoying after EB came.  She played floor hockey with the plastic eggs all night.  Just when I thought I didn't have to worry about animals and Easter eggs anymore... (Velvet used to try to eat all the candy before the girls got up.)  
Kudos to 1:00pm church so that we had tons of time to fill our morning with hunting and candy and playing and then enough time leftover for dressing up and hair.  
Hattie wanted us all to wear identical Easter Dresses.  I just couldn't make it happen, so she settled for "coordinating."  I think it turned out nice.  Just wish I had time to get my hair done before Easter.  Those roots are dark and grey!  yikes.  

Oh, I KNOW what was the big deal about Easter!  Grace played her guitar for the first time in sacrament meeting!  Back in January, the chorister had asked Grace if she would accompany the senior primary in playing this song.  I think I've mentioned it on the blog already.  We fussed with microphones and things so that you could hear her above the piano and the 50 kids singing.  She did AMAZING.  It was really really cool to see her play like that and be so confident and share her talent so willingly.


I had one of those amazon local coupons to Nothing Bundt Cakes, so Harriet got a pretty cool Easter/Birthday cake to put a candle in for dessert.


Happy Easter to all!  On a side note, having Easter be the last day of Spring Break is not cool.  Not cool!  I used to think that would be nice - to have spring break line up with Easter.  This is the first year the school district planned it that way.  Usually, spring break and Easter are separate.  When we were kids, we just got a long 4 day weekend for Easter and no spring break and it seemed nice that way.  But the truth is - I don't like to travel on Easter (or Christmas.)  So, if we use our big, long, spring break for traveling, then we have to be back by the weekend and then getting ready for a big holiday like that after the kids have been home all week and you've been busy doing things and going places - well, it's a bit much.  I guess I either need to decide to be ok with going somewhere for Easter, or being more organized so it's all done before spring break hits.  It was all incredibly fun and worthwhile, but I was exhausted and really done with it by the time Easter dinner rolled around.  Next year, I will figure it out and do it better.

No comments: