As is always the case with babies being born, they do things on their own clock. Maybe it's their way of letting their mamas know that the "being in control portion" of their lives are now, officially, over.
Poor Jess, they sent her home on morphine to continue labor on her own. Friday night just before we went to bed, we got word that things were picking up and it wouldn't be long. I slept with my phone, hoping that I would hear texts coming in the middle of the night so I could wake up and be part of it. Nope, Aunt Shell was too tired and missed the dozen texts and photos that started coming in at 3am. It was a sweet thing to wake up to, but I still felt so bad I couldn't be there with the rest of my family at the hospital and wasn't even awake when it all happened.
Well, as glad as we were that he was finally here and everything was ok, Harriet and I started the 3 week waiting period to get to go to Salt Lake to see him, needing to wait until after Christmas to make the drive. Grace of course, excited to come too, but not because of the baby.
Sloan is one of the most dreamy little babies. I know Jessica will make an excellent mom too. I'm so proud of my little sister for having him and so glad to add him to our family. We can't wait to get to know his personality and watch him grow up with the rest of the Mitchell munchkins.
Welcome to the world, little Sloan. Good job on the December 8th birthday. You'll fit right in with the rest of us who get to celebrate our birthdays right before Christmas.
tired mama, but I think she looks so pretty sleeping and holding him




No comments:
Post a Comment