Friday, August 17, 2012

MoDeb comes to ABQ

It's not often anymore that we get my mom completely to ourselves, so we were way excited to bring her back to Albuquerque with us.  I felt bad she had to ride in the car with us for 10.5 hours, but, it wasn't too bad in the end.

We only had her for 3 days, so we had to live it up.  It was a crash course in Chapman life for sure.  She even took her only free minutes and made apricot jam for me with the fruit from Melissa's tree that we absconded with from her house.  Well, maybe abscond isn't the right word.  Melissa had more apricots than I've ever seen in my life and was happy to give them away by the garbage-bag-full.

We took her to all our favorite haunts - restaurants, kid places, movies... even the rattlesnake museum in Old Town!  (why don't I have a picture of that?)

Ok mom, you are in trouble.  I'm looking for pictures of your time here and I have like 5.  Mom is such a camera avoider.  You can hardly tell she's been anywhere or done anything in her life because she's not in any of the pictures.  Apparently, I didn't try to take very many either.

We did take her to our zoo. 

We spent at least 1.5 hours in front of the duck pond with her.  My kids would have stayed here all day feeding the ducks.  Harriet was cautious at first considering what happened the last time she was at the duck pond!  I thought - after all Grace has done and kept her cast dry, this would be when she fell in the water.  Thankfully, that didn't happen.



Cowboy Max was incredibly nice and let us come out to the ranch to show Grandma around and let her see the kids ride.  

As always, my favorite thing to do with my mom is stay up late to watch TV and drink herbal tea and we did get to do that a few times too.  

ahhh... a picture of Grandma with the grandkids.  It does exist!  It's like a finding a unicorn.  Well, thanks Mom, for coming.  We really loved having you.  Too bad we had to send you home on the plane.

No comments: