Sunday, June 03, 2012

Got Talent?

Grace and Harriet both auditioned for the school talent show.  They only take 10 acts.  29 auditions were made.  Cuts happened.  Poor Harriet, she was sick the day that the letters went home.  Grace got off the bus and looked so sad and had her head hung low.  I thought she hadn't made it.  No, she was sad that she had to be the one to bring Harriet's rejection letter home.  Kind of cute that she was upset for Harriet.

But, Grace, did make it!  Yay for Grace.  Harriet was pretty disappointed that she wasn't chosen.  She was one of two karate demo's and the other kid was just plain more advanced and better, so he made it and she didn't.  School of hard knocks.  I guess it's good to learn young.  Still, totally heartbreaking for a little kindergartener who gingerly mustered enough courage to try out.

Here are their audition videos and then Grace's performance.  (when blogger gets their video upload feature fixed, I'll post them!!!  but, I'm putting up this post anyway so I can have it in the right place)

They had 2 assemblies and I recorded both. The first is a worse video, but best performance for Grace.  The second was much easier to record, but she didn't play quite as well - she was extremely nervous the second time because it was the assembly for the upper grades and all her friends were there, plus her grandparents, and her guitar teacher came too!

Harriet:  Short Form One






Grace:  Saint Agnes and the Burning Train (by Sting)










No comments: