The weekend, was of course, a whirlwind of activity. Jessica and Nick just bought a house in Salt Lake this spring, and decided to design their untouched yard for the purpose of hosting their own wedding. I saw it in June as a huge pile of dirt. I cannot believe what they were able to do this summer to transform it into a beautiful and magical setting. I also can't believe they were so ambitious as to host their own wedding and reception, but they pulled it off very well. They hosted everyone for a rehearsal dinner as we got into town on Friday night. Then, we all went back Saturday morning to help decorate. The yard was really so incredible, it only needed a few accents here and there to make it perfect.
We all did get our hair professionally done at cousin Lauren's salon. Those girls did a great job and we were so grateful for all the back-combing and pound of hairspray when thunderstorms ripped through the wedding just as the ceremony ended and we were supposed to have pictures.
A little lipstick from the bride for the flower girl. I think Harriet is one of the only people who saw Jess before the ceremony. She was very serious about no one seeing her, even before she had her dress on.
Jessica's choice of dresses also held up extremely well in the rain and when the sun (and a huge, full, rainbow) finally came out, we all still looked great! I can't wait to see the professional photos. Melissa and Randy also took some great shots that I need to get my hands on.
Jessica's taste is impeccable. The colors, dresses, and flowers she chose were all just gorgeous. It was a rare moment for me to see Grace completely dressed up with her hair done. She did it without complaining and said it was her wedding gift to Aunt Jess, to wear and do whatever she asked. She was grateful, though, that Jessica chose dresses without lace and frills and bows. Harriet was more than delighted to be a flower girl and dress up like a princess to toss flower petals down the aisle. The flower girls: Harriet, Kate, Grace
Jessica and Nick with flower girls, and ring bearer, Sean.
Bridesmaids: Jessica's sisters (Emily, Me, Melissa), and Nick's sisters (Mackenzie and Missy)
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen: I was actually pretty grateful to hang onto one of these guys as I walked down the aisle and nearly killed myself in my heels on the runner on the lawn. There's a reason I don't wear heels 99% of the time.
The happy bride: I really don't know if I've ever seen Jess look as happy and gorgeous as she did on her wedding day. She was the perfect bride.
She had these darling red shoes on under her dress. Love this photo of her sitting in the middle of her pond.
So happy I get to claim these as mine.
A few more random pics:
Father of the Bride - I think this was the second time he took off his tux. Love my Dad.
(check out the groom's cake - a motocross key lime pie because Nick is way into motorcycles and doesn't like cake)
I've never had to cut into someone's wedding cake, but I ended up with the job of tearing this gorgeous thing apart so that everyone could have a taste. We figured out the red velvet was on the bottom, so we just had to keep cutting! (no wonder they took that corner piece.)
First Dance
I have never given a toast at a wedding, but ended up being the family representative when toasting time came around. That was kind of cool. I do wish them all the happiness life can hold.
I just feel incredibly lucky to have such an awesome family complete with great sisters, parents, and grandparents and all the others in-between. I'm so glad we were all able to go and be there on this special day. Welcome to the family Nick.
























1 comment:
Great post. I MUST have a copy of these pics!
Post a Comment