Thursday, September 15, 2011

new post for a new day

I'm just kind of sick of seeing the 9/11 post as my last one up, so this is totally random.  Today I'm so thankful for a gorgeous day of sunny sky, puffy clouds, perfect temperature, (made even more perfect by the fact that it rains every evening and makes the next day clean and fresh,)  and a morning at the ranch.  I was able to go feed horses this morning and do some mucking.  Both of which, are chores that I love doing.  Forget the dishes and the bathrooms at home.  Feed and clean up after a horse, is what I say.

Morning feeding at a barn is just one of my favorite things when I get to do it.  The air and the horses are fresh, the hay smells divine, and the sounds of soft noses nudging the hay around and munching on it in the otherwise quiet surroundings does a lot to sooth the mind.  (This being said, I am frequently just as grateful that I don't have my own horses to feed - every single day - no matter the weather or occasion.  In this regard I am ever so lucky to get to do it as a treat and not a daily, unforgiving, obligation.)  I also got to randomly chat for a lengthy time while mucking with my friend, Michelle, one of the nicest people on the planet.  She was sure nice to share her horses and morning jobs with me!

I took no pictures this morning, but I have a few leftovers from the girls' last day riding Coco at the ranch this summer that should suffice.  I mean, really, can we EVER get enough pictures of little blond girls on horses?  I think not.










1 comment:

Annelie said...

I love horses, so much.
Their noses, so velvety in a way, love them.
And the smell. Mmmm....
I'm just a little jealous looking at the pictures and reading about feeding the horses.
Love your header!
Scott got me a gift card to do a pic at the beach in Falmouth. I was planning to do it at the end of summer, and here it is. Eeeehhhh, always wanted one, but don't feel ready somehow.

I know the feeling of being tired of a post and feeling the need to put a new one up.

You are such a great writer with a very descriptive language.
The pics are fab too, of course.

Hugs