After a bumpy year in 2nd grade, Grace was (thankfully) very excited for 3rd grade. She has been happy every day coming home and has been enthusiastic about going in the morning. These are both significant improvements for us. We are so glad to have our excited school girl back!
Here she is on her first day of school (all dressed up in her preppy polo and ironed shorts)
Then, I sent my baby to kindergarten. I can't believe that it is already time to do that. But, here we are, with little people. Our babies are raised. The little people stage is actually pretty cool. It is so great to be able to do so many things with them and watch them learn and see them grow into their personalities.
Harriet, being extremely shy and painfully reserved (in public anyway), was very nervous to go to kindergarten despite being desperate to go to school with Grace ever since Grace got on the kindergarten bus. She wasn't too happy with me the first day as I left her with her teacher. Nor did she look too confident about getting on the bus the second day. Still, I think she's pretty tickled with herself that she's going to school with Grace and doing all these big-kid things.
She had 3 requests for kindergarten outfitting: a pink backpack, twinkle-toe Skecher shoes, and a dress for the first day. Needless to say, this is the first time I have bought any one of the three, so it was fun to get her all ready (and curl her hair!) for the first day.
First bus ride home:
I love these last two pictures. These girls are so different in so many ways. But, I love that they both know how to express themselves and that they are really comfortable in their own skin and know what they like and aren't always wishing to be like someone else. I hope that carries through to all the social things that come up in school.
Now for some mommy time... I thought I would have all these endless hours I wouldn't know what to do with. Well, it turns out that I'm flying through the chores and errands and projects and trying to squeeze in just one more thing before the bus comes around the corner. Stay tuned for my latest house projects including new separate bedrooms for the girls, an office re-do, and hopefully that ugly purple paint in my bedroom will be covered up before Christmas.










No comments:
Post a Comment