Friday, May 13, 2011

My Mommy Day

So, the kiddos are on the "father/son" campout tonight with their daddy.  What, you didn't know I had 2 darling sons?  What can I say - we're trying to be progressive with our daughters.  Why should they miss out on camping with Dad just because they didn't get a Y chromosome?  Why should he have to stay home from camping just because he doesn't have a son?

I'm not going to lie - I had a really nice peaceful evening going to a quiet dinner and chick-flick movie with an awesome friend and I'm seriously looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.  Netflix and I have a date, maybe two.  (minus those doggies who wake up at 6am and beg for breakfast!)

But, I really miss my girls when I'm not with them.  I especially miss putting them to bed.  Again, I'm not going to lie that I love it when they actually fall asleep too, but I really really hate it when I don't get to be the last one to see them for the day.  So, I'll postpone my Netflix date for just a minute and do something I've wanted to do all week:   post about the little darlings I am missing, and what they did for me on Mother's Day.

There is nothing quite as revealing as when someone interviews your child about you and writes it on paper for you to read.  Both the preschool and the church teachers seem to think this is funny and cute.  It is hilarious in some ways, endearing and poignant in others, but also kind of dreadful to know what your kids perceive that you do and think.

All About My Mommy:  (from Harriet)

This is my mommy:  (insert precious stick figure of me)
My Mommy's best friend is:  Adalynn's mom  (this is the person she sees me most often conversing with,  right?  We do see each other twice a day at the preschool among other things. She later told me she doesn't know who is my best friend.)
My Mommy's favorite place is:  the stores
If my Mommy won a lot of money, she would:  go to the store  (right?  really?  have I really failed to tell her about my horse farm dreams?  show her the furniture catalog, or the brochure for Hawaii? she was with us on the Jeep Rubicon test drive, right?)
My Mommy's favorite TV show is:  church shows (now this one is just insanely funny to me.  I couldn't figure out why she would say that, since 1- I never watch TV, except for That 70's Show before I go to bed and 2- never watch religious shows, ever.  But, then I realized that the only thing she had actually witnessed me watching in recent months was General Conference.)
My Mommy's favorite color is:  Green (yay!  She does know me!)
My Mommy loves me when:  I make her stuff.  (oh, and she makes the best stuff!)
My Mommy likes to:  work at home (insert stick figures of me and my laptop.  poor kid.)
My Mommy's favorite food is:  salad (well, maybe not my favorite, but I do like a yummy salad.)
I love my Mommy this much:  this much!  (insert hand-drawn square about 2"x2")

From Grace:

My Mom is    35   years old.
My Mom's favorite food is    filet mignon   (true that!  lucky for me David bought and made me said filet about 2 weeks ago and I talked about it for a good week.)
I like it when my Mom   lets me play video games.  (like she's ever been restricted?)
My Mom is the prettiest when   she is in her church clothes.  (I think she used to say when I am in my PJ's.  apparently it takes a little more fluffing to make myself look good these days.)
My Mom always says   "GRACE!!!!"   (whew, at least the church ladies don't know what I really say.)
My Mom is really good at     cooking  
My Mom is the best because   she is nice.




I love you Mom, from Grace.


I also got a set of coupons from Grace, including one FREE hug, expiring May 2012.  I guess the rest of them are going to cost me this year.

I love you my sweet girls.  I hope I'm a good Mom.
I posted this pic a while back on facebook, but I don't think I ever put it in the blog.  I think this is an appropriate place for it.

No comments: