Don't worry, I'll get to the Alice party next. That deserves it's own post.
Besides turning FIVE, Harriet has had a very big week. Her preschool continues to be over-the-top, unreal. They have done 4 field trips in 4 weeks? They are studying dinosaurs and volcanoes. So, they went to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaur bones and the next week, they hiked the volcanoes, to name two. They have also had their art show (where they turn the preschool into an art gallery), and oh, we registered her for KINDERGARTEN last night! Here are the highlights of the birthday week:
Hiking the volcanoes on a VERY windy day. I couldn't believe these little kids were such troopers.
Inside the vent of a fissure volcano! Climbing the tree at recess:
Grace and Harriet actually enjoying spending time together in close proximity.
The day of the ACTUAL birthday, Daddy was out of town. He's been gone A LOT lately. We woke up early and brought the computer upstairs and opened presents in bed while we skyped with David. It was a good start to the day.
The only picture I took of Harriet on her birthday (I know - where is it in this week of celebration?) was a phone pic at "Chunky" Cheese as Hattie calls it. We let the kids pick their birthday dinners. Harriet asked for Chuck-E-Cheese's. Since David was gone (and hates ChuckECheese), I decided it was a good time to go, so we went for an hour of games and a quick cheese pizza. Harriet was so funny. She thought that she wouldn't "turn 5" until she blew out 5 candles on the day of her birthday. So, we took 5 candles to Chuck E Cheese. They wouldn't stand up in the pizza, so I held them in my hands hoping she'd blow them out quick! Thankfully, she got them all in one whiff. (that's 11 candles now.) So, now she tells Daddy that she turned 5 at Chunky Cheese. What a cutie.
Next up: Preschool art show - standing next to the pretend volcano. I'm telling you, these teachers are crazy!
Climbing the preschool tree. Again. No worries that we wore nice clothes. You can climb trees in dresses, right? Just kick off the slippery shoes first. Anything goes when you're 5!!



No comments:
Post a Comment