Monday, March 29, 2010

need to blog

...too busy to do a really great blog today. Just read my friend's beautiful nature blog and wished mine had a little more to it than family news. But, I guess that IS the purpose of my blog. I will have to start including more things as well when I have the time. I'd start a second blog, but I know I wouldn't get to it very often.

So, here are a few fresh pics from our latest adventures in the west:

12 hour drive to Utah for spring break (I actually cried tears of joy when I was driving through the gorgeous desert around Moab. I have missed living here. Then I cried the last hour of the trip too because it was SO HARD driving with 2 kids and 2 dogs by myself!)
Grandma Primmer turns 80. LOVE HER!
(the kids with both great-grandmas - Grandma Pearlie and Grandma Primmer.)

time with the other grandmas and grandpas:
time with cousins Sean and Kate:
(early Easter egg hunt, yum.)(Grandpa Lyle kept so still that the Easter Bunny left some treats for the kids right on his shoes!)

first trip to Rio Grande Zoo - AWESOME. Loved the kids' reactions and wide eyes and smiles and watching them run to their favorite animals:
Grace's new cool awesome bike:Hattie's first bike ride on big sisters hand-me-down (why does Grace get to pick all the bike colors? Hattie would really like a pink one!)
pretty girls in pretty Easter dresses:
ahh... the sunshine... it doesn't get old:

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love this post. I would cry with you but it would be out of jealousy rather than joy. I am stuck in teh rainy weather while you are in gorgeous weather. I am glad you were able to drive the 12 hours to Utah to see family rather than fly and have lay overs. So much better!
Love ya, Amy

Barnhisel Blog said...

Love the cute easter dresses! Can't wait to visit you guys and see those giant kitties!

Annelie said...

You make me think I should have a blog for my family in Sweden. I really like yours, I feel updated on your new life. You've got some great pictures of your family, especially like the one with Grace and Hattie looking out the window. Enlarge it and frame it!
Cool pics of the fox and woodpecker. How on earth did you get the camera on time?
Thanks so much for mentioning my blog, and your frequent patronage.
Hugs from black fly Mass!