Saturday, April 17, 2010

catching up - Easter 2010


(cool flowering thing at the bio park, wish I knew what it was. whatever it is won't grow in my yard.)

Ok, I'm way behind on my blogging. I think I hit a point this month where I had to choose between living my life and writing about it. You can guess which one won. I've actually started several posts, but haven't finished any of them. I know very few people really care whether I've got all the family events out there on the internet or not, but this is my journal and my scrapbook too, so I'm catching up for me. Here's the first one I need to do:

Easter was simple and sweet this year. I feel like it was absolutely ages ago. It was nice that it fell on General Conference Sunday because it was a completely relaxing day at home, but it was also strange to not dress up and go to church on Easter Sunday
(we wore the new dresses the week before.)

Easter weekend was quite filled with fun activities. Grandma and Grandpa Chapman along with Aunt Christine had driven down for a few days to visit and see our new house. Poor Grandpa got stuck doing David's honey-do list. But, we sure like the new shelves in the laundry room. Thanks Earl! While they were here, we also met up with our friend Alex and his kids for our first trip to the aquarium and biopark gardens.
(Aunt Christine and the girls in front of the shark tank.)

(our little Asian culture lover standing in front of Chinese sculptures, several hundred years old.)
(naturalized crocuses on the lawn at the bio gardens. I've always wanted to try this, but never have had the time or the guts to do it to my lawn.)

Then, of course, we had a couple of egg hunts. One with friends from church over at the park:


Then E.B. himself did visit our house and left quite a great egg hunt in our new territory. We are still finding eggs that he hid because we are not used to our new house and the new hiding places!


I think the pictures probably say it best.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny picture of me. LOL. It looks like I'm looking right at the cameria but I don't remember doing so!

Amy said...

Beautiful home and kids!