Friday, March 05, 2010

March Birthdays

finishing up a blog I started a week ago:

We have a lot of them in my family, March birthdays, that is. In order, we have David, Grace, Aunt Jessica, and Grandma Primmer. We've done a lot of celebrating already, but the actual birthdays at our house finally came this week. After the big party in MA for the kids, we then had a party in a hotel room a couple weeks ago when Jessica was here in ABQ.
(hotel room birthday cakes - cupcakes from the grocery store!)
My grandma turns 80 next week. I'm hoping to drive to Utah for her party.

David's birthday was Monday. It was fairly uneventful considering we had just moved in and he's one of those 30 somethings. We made him dinner and bought a cheesecake birthday cake. We don't have a fridge right now (except for a small dorm fridge) so cooking and baking is kind of a pain. Dinner didn't turn out too well, but the kids and I gave him a new wii thing that made for a fun night.
Grace's birthday is today. It seems quite unreal that she has been in our life for 7 years. Those 7 years have been quite packed with events. She's an amazing little girl. I feel really lucky and often undeserving to be her mom. I don't know if she picked me or if I picked her, but I couldn't ask for a better daughter. I am so proud of her for all she's done and accomplished so far. I'm so proud of how positive she's been since we moved. I have a hard time coming up with adjectives to describe her. Smart, fun, sweet, talented, and beautiful just don't seem to cut it. (well on the other hand, there's also stubborn, moody, and lollygagger :-) ) I'm actually grateful that she has some character flaws so that I'm sure she's related to me.

Happy Birthday my beautiful Gracie girl!

She asked for a Star Wars family party. Here is my attempt at R2D2 for a cake. She may not be my princess Leia, but she's an awesome Jedi.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the birthday cake for Grace. You are so talented. How are you doing?