Monday, November 23, 2009

Being Thankful

A friend of mine posted on facebook that "counting your blessings does NOT mean making a list of your personal property", or something like that. While I agree with her that we should be thankful for MORE than material possessions, I'm sure God doesn't mind that we are also thankful for the STUFF we have too. We sure have a lot and I know so many who don't. I know we're lucky and blessed in lots of ways.

But, truly, infinitely more than personal possessions, these are a few things I am most grateful for:

A very, extremely awesome husband who makes a pretty darn great Daddy too:
Two little princesses (Grace, you ARE a princess whether you like it or not, and Hattie thrives in her princess role):

Two adorable, sweet, loyal doggies:
(I am especially grateful for their current health after a scary month.)

An incredible and loving family:
(forgive the old, outdated, and blurry picture, but it's the only one I've got)

And friends. If I posted one picture, I'd have to post a hundred, so I won't even try, but I have the most amazing friends. You know who you are. Whether it's only little comments on facebook, or people who call and text me, those I see a few choice times a year, or those who live near enough to enjoy things like vacations, dinner, book group, and other outings with, I love my friends.

I think that's what it all boils down to, right? The creatures in our lives are the real stuff that blessings are made of. And, I'm thankful for every, single, one.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You said a lot in such a short posting. I hope you have fun plans for Thanksgiving.

Amy