Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Harriet!

Oh my little Hattie. You have changed our lives, that is for sure. You are 3 years old today! Wow, where did those 3 years go? Oh, that's right, I remember... you are a busy girl and you keep the rest of us even busier.

Dear Harriet,

These are the things that I love about you:

*you always give me a giant kiss and a "huv" (hug/love) whenever I go somewhere (you give them to Daddy and Gracie too)
*you have been talking about your birthday being next since Grace had hers and you have taken it quite seriously.
*you are a very good pretend mommy. you love your baby dolls and you take very good care of them. you never leave Blue Baby unattended.
*you love your "banket" so much. even though it looks and feels like an old matted bathroom rug, you snuggle with it all day long.
*you are a gorgeous little girl. we thought you were a cute baby, but you have grown up into an absolutely beautiful kid.
*your long blond curly goldilocks hair and the fact that you also love the story of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.
*you are my second daughter, but my first who loves pink, princesses, dolls, pretty clothes, and pretty shoes, and putting on makeup. (I still wish you would let me do your hair though.)
*you are completely, undeniably, independent
*you love your "cass" at church and can't wait to go every week
*you love your sister "Gace" and want to do everything like she does
*you want to go to school so bad that I had to sign you up for pre-school a year earlier than I would have liked. you talk about going to school "like Gace" all the time
*you try to spell and ask me how to spell H or O or M. I wish I knew how to spell a letter my dear.
*you can write a perfect H and are trying all the time to write your own name
*you say the absolute best prayers of anyone I have ever heard. you always think about your whole day and say how thankful you are for all the good things and you always ask for blessings too.
*you love your Grandmas and don't mind showing it. they are so grateful since Grace is so stingy with Grandma love.
*you always want to go outside.
These are the things that your Daddy and I will laugh about when you are older, but sometimes have a hard time laughing about right now:
*you scream any time for anything. (is this so that you can be heard over Grace's incessant talking?)
*you have an extremely obsessive/compulsive personality. you have to have every star and planet aligned at night to go to bed, among other things. your list of "must-have's" is very long. last night was the first hot night of the season, but you still insisted on wearing long jammies, with socks, with all of your winter blankets still on your bed and screamed at Grace to shut the window! (don't worry - I rescued your hot little body after you fell asleep, funny girl.)
* you - draw - on - every - thing. mommy could write a book about how to get marker, crayon, pen, and chapstick out of or off of anything.
*you won't let Grace look out your window in the car.
*you listen to the same song every time in the car and it has to be done before anyone else gets a song.
Today, we had the absolute best, most fun, family party for you. You are definitely a princess and you asked for a pink princess party. Grace is a reluctant princess, but even you have brought out the princess in your sister and got her to wear a crown, you even got Daddy to wear a crown. You are too funny!Even Gracie liked your princess cake...

After all the trouble you had blowing out candles at your parties in SLC, you blew these three out in one whiff right away. I hope you get your wish!I certainly got my wish.
Happy Birthday Princess Hattie!
Mommy loves you.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday, Hattie!

She looks so adorable in that first picture----your girls are so cutie!!

We especially loved the picture of David in the pink crown----believe me, Bret hasn't had to go pink, but he has had his share of weird birthday hats...

And the cake? Did you make that? It is amazing!!!

Barnhisel Blog said...

Wow Shell, I can't believe your B-day cake talent! You are the best mommy.

Aydan (aka Ace) said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!

So cute!
awesome cake.....