Friday, April 04, 2008

Harriet's new vocab

Not to leave Hattie out. She is way wilder than a rock star. The child who literally almost made it to her second birthday without watching a single minute of tv (her choice NOT mine!) is now addicted to the movie Shrek. She asks for it by saying "showwww, showwww" over and over and over until you just hit the play button. We try to limit her to twice a day, but, sometimes your instinct to stay sane wins over your instinct to keep her media time down. She has a lot of catching up to do anyway - she's gone 2 years without watching tv!

Her other new words include:
Mine!
Puppy!
chicks rule (sounds like schicks doool)
juice juice juice juice - this one has been going on for a while

She is definitely cruising the spectrum of the terrible twos. If she wasn't so dang cute, she would be in loads of trouble. glad she's sleeping right now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!!! I can't believe how big they're getting. In my mind Grace is just a little older than Lucy. Craziness.

Juice is one of Lucy's favorite words. Anything that is liquid and not water is juice [she's starting to distinguish milk]. And let me tell you juice is good. She'll proudly lift her bowl or sippy or glass and proclaim "isss juicce".

So how is the Carl Sagan book? I looked it up and read the first few pages on Amazon. Think I might check it out at the library.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

So I came to your blog to leave a comment and find out my husband already left one! (not that that means I can't too). But, he said exactly what I was going to say...except that the photo of hattie looks so much like grace i had to do a double take. do we get to see you guys this summer? we are coming to boston in october and expect to see you!