Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Hattie!

This is a few days late, but I want to write a little letter to my Hattie for her birthday:

To My Sunshine Girl,
You are an amazing little kid. I have put more work into raising you than I have put into any other project in my life (and I have done lots of big things!) You tire me out to exhaustion and at the same time make my soul smile as bright as the sun. Yes, at the exact same time! You started screaming when you were two weeks old. You turned two years old on Saturday. When will the screaming stop? Well, if it goes along with your hilarious personality and your adorable dimple, then I guess you can keep screaming.

I am in awe at how smart you are and how athletic you are and how kind you can be. You have started to say the word "sorry" when you do something that hurts someone else. You give the best kisses and hugs. You love your sister so much that it hurts her! You are a mommy's girl and a daddy's girl. You have a smile that would melt the polar ice caps - even if they weren't already melting. Everyone who meets you comments on your cute dimple and your dazzling blue eyes that are now turning a shade of green like Grace's. You have the softest honey blond curly hair that is getting to be quite long and beautiful. Mommy wishes she could put it in a pony tail or pig tails, but you don't like it to even be brushed.

When you are out with mommy, you are shy and reserved and a very good girl. You sit on Mommy's lap for 2 hours on Monday mornings during relief society meetings without complaining. When you are at home with our family, you are wild and crazy and funny. You can't go 5 minutes without begging for someone to get involved with your game or idea.

You are curious and love to learn to do anything. You want to be just like Grace and you wish you could do everything she does. You like to tease her and stand in front of her when she is watching tv. You know this will get her attention and that is what you want. You like to help Mommy make dinner. You like to climb and run and jump and play and roll on the ground and throw things. What sports will you like when you get bigger? Probably all of them.

You love animals. You love your doggies, the ponies at the barn, the birdies in the window, the kitty cat at the mailbox, and any other animal you see. You also love babies! You can't get enough baby dolls and you love each one that you have. You also love real babies and any pictures of babies that you see. You go to bed every night with at least a baby and an animal. You also love your pink blankie! It goes everywhere with us. You are like Linus from Charlie Brown.

You like to go to bed early and get up early. Mommy is the opposite. You like getting up with your daddy in the morning when he gets ready for work. You like it when we are all together and you don't like it when one of us is gone.

You hate to be in your carseat, but you constantly go to the mudroom and get your shoes and jacket and say "go!" I don't know where you want to go.
I wish I could go everywhere you want to go.

You picked out plates with suns on them for your birthday party and mommy made you a sparkly sunshine cake. You are my sunshine girl.

I could write about you all day. You are taking a nap right now and you will be up soon. So, Mommy should get something done before you give me something else to do.

Happy Second Birthday Hattie!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Happy Birthday, Hattie! I can't wait for you and Lucy to be roommates in college.