
I built a snowman today for the first time in possibly 20 years. We got about a foot of snow yesterday and today was a glorious blue sky with sparkly fresh snow on the ground. I promised Grace we would try to build a snowman - you can't ask for a better day to do it. The only thing is that we got dry powdery Utah ski snow instead of wet sticky New England snow. Ski snow doesn't make for good snow man building, but I did my best.
There was no way to roll up a ball of snow, so we started grabbing handfuls and packing them on top of each other as we went. After hundreds of handfuls and a bit of snow sculpting, we had an almost 3 foot snow man. With all the snow, I was hoping for a bit more of a giant snowman that could be seen over the snow drifts in our front yard. Our Frosty certainly doesn't compare to my friend's Frosty . Chris and her family built a pretty dang good snowman for SLC I have to say. Will Frosty survive the nor'easter that's blowing through this weekend? We'll keep you posted. I think I'll bring in my wool felt hat and scarf though...

1 comment:
I'm so jealous you can make a snowman! We are currently in Virginia, but still no snow this far south. Very Cute!
Post a Comment