Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Nummy in the Tummy


Hattie recently turned 4 months old and had her check-up last Friday. She's still a big, scrumptuous baby. She's in the 92nd percentile for weight and height, weighing in at 16 pounds and measuring 25.75 inches. She had a very healthy check-up except that her doctor found a heart murmur. I have one and we have other heart issues in the family, so it wasn't a surprise, and I'm not even really too worried about it. She's thriving and I don't think it's anything serious. Her doctor doesn't either, but she's still sending us to a cardiologist next month to make sure all is well.

At any rate, Hattie got the go ahead to start eating solid foods. She has had her first rice cereal and ate it right up. She is seriously a funny kid. She has the silliest personality and makes me laugh out loud on a daily basis. She's quite the comedian at 4 months.

She is just a smoochy, fun, little kid. Although, she is quite sensitive and fusses at the tiniest bit of discomfort (belly, teeth, etc.), she more than makes up for it when she's at her best. Her daddy is even getting brave enough to tend her for a few hours at a time so that I can go teach riding lessons. We're hoping that the cereal will help out in that department since she's decided that the bottle is not her style. She even slept for 9 hours on Sunday night (it didn't help me though, because I kept waking up worring that something had happened to her!) Go Hattie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She just looks so cute here. So here's hoping that indeed you're right--nothing to worry about.