Monday, September 15, 2014

Shadow, continued

Make no mistake, just because I'm cleaning up new puppy pee (Stryder will definitely get his share of posts later, I'm sure) does not mean that we have forgotten Shadow, at all.  I have been having such a hard time finding time to finish blogging about her.  Life has been so busy since last weekend.  I wanted to do one more post of memories, and one of pictures.  Today, hopefully, I can accomplish the pictures.  I'm really joking myself to think I could put all the great Shadow pictures in one post.  I think there are 80 here and it's just a small fraction of what I could choose from.  She was with us for 14.5 years and did everything with us.  A lot of these have probably been on the blog before because the dogs have been such an integral part of our lives and raising our kids.  Still, I want to have a spot where we can find a bunch of them.

For lots of pictures of Shadow and Velvet together, head to the posts I did last year for Velvet.

Here are some more Shadow snaps, in no particular order:
Hattie and Shadow
Gracie and Shadow
with Grace
 chasing Velvet
drying from a swim in the pond
 with Harriet
 at our house in Stow
 with Harriet
 building a snowman with Grace
 first birthday party the girls threw for her
 with David at Tanner Park
with Grace the day she got her first bike for Christmas
 chewing a rawhide she got for Christmas
 on a mesa walk in ABQ
 waiting for us to come home and guarding the house from South Salt Lake criminals
 always underfoot
playing in our empty house as we left Stow
 licking peanut butter from a kong
 playing in the deep snow at Roger and Jeanne's house
 watching Harriet open Christmas presents
with Velvet, and one of her favorite buddies - Max Merrill
playing the part of a sheep in the nativity on Christmas Eve with the Merrills
hiking the volcanoes in ABQ
with Velvet and her cousin, Sneakers, in Denver at Jane's house
hiking the volcanoes
with Velvet and her cousins, Argos and Helios, at our house in Stow
I can't tell you how many mornings we started at the top of the stairs like this.  Shadow with her nose over the top, waiting for me to go down.  I sit down to pet her, and Kit Cat comes and sits on my lap so that we end up staying there for a while.
 Sweetest dog, ever.  Seriously, let this cat come to live with us and made friends with her.  I took this photo after coming in from the bus stop.  Shadow was ALWAYS there waiting for me to come back in and she taught the cat to do the same.
playing in the only ABQ snowstorm last winter with the girls
snuggled by the fire with Kit Cat
camping in the Uintas in 2013 with the Covilis
playing with Janie and Evan when they came to Salt Lake for Grace's blessing day
 with baby Grace
Grace's first day of nursery at church, saying good-bye to Shadow as we left, pencils in hand, ready to go.
BFF's
First "family" photo - Shadow was only about 10 weeks old
 with Evan at our house in Salt Lake
in our backyard in Salt Lake
 snuggling with Dad when she was a little puppy
first and last time we made her dress up for Halloween
photos Bret took of Harriet and Shadow right before we moved from MA to NM
 living room camping with the girls this summer
begging for the milk from my cereal in the morning
using Grace's guitar cases for afternoon laziness
more cat snuggling
one of Shadow's awesome dreams 
What I hope Shadow and Velvet get to do all the time now.

1 comment:

Christine Chapman said...

That was fun to read and watch. No, really it was.