Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Harriet's Song

I have this adorable little snippet in the "notes" on my phone that someday I'm sure will get deleted accidentally.  Every time I see it, I think "I've got to write that down or put it in the blog."  I've had these thoughts for 2 years.  See, I do things, eventually.

On June 19, 2012 (that's the date stamp,) Harriet and I were out somewhere doing something that I can't remember, and she said "hey mom, I made up a song!"  I got out my phone and typed it in because it was so cute, and actually, pretty poetic for a 6 year old:

Leaves in the fall
Branches in the winter
Rain in April
Sunny sunny summer is so hot

I don't know what the tune was, so it's more of a poem now, I guess.  Maybe she can make up a tune for it on one of her instruments, now that she is a musician.


No comments: