Real quick before I finish blogging about Christmas, you should refer to the comment that Melissa made on my last post. Something about how she couldn't wait for the next post about how the cat peed on everything and ruined Christmas. She must have a crystal ball, or she gave the universe a wicked idea...
Well, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But, 2 days later, we were all frantically getting ready for church. It was "Christmas Sunday" and we were trying to get in our Christmas best and get out the door for a good seat in church. I had my tights half on, one leg hanging from the other, when David says "Kit Cat, what are you doing... what do you think you're doing..." as he watches her from the balcony in our living room. I run out and we watch her sniff Shadow's bed and start peeing on it. WHAT. Nooooooo. We cannot have a cat who pees on things! I had flashbacks of Melissa's cat that she had to have put down because the problem got so bad.
I race downstairs, tights flapping, screaming at the cat. She doesn't budge. Keeps peeing. I pick her up. She keeps peeing. I mean, this wasn't marking her territory. It was like a gallon. Poor Shadow, just watching in horror.
I did get it cleaned up super quick and washed her bed immediately. It was not ruined, thankfully, but I spent the next week in dread of what she might pee on again. Shadow had scared her that morning and I was dying waiting for the next retaliation. Turns out, she was just being REALLY picky about her litter box. It had only been 3 1/2 days since I had set it up for her and it should have been fine for another day or two. But, I changed it right away and have changed it every 2 days since. No more problems. Homeless kitty seems to not want to use the bathroom where she last used it. Well, at least problem one - solved.
Next up - how Kit Cat ruined Christmas. The rest of this post is for adult eyes only. FOR REAL.
The very next day after the pee incident, I went out shopping for food for Christmas and left the kids home for a bit. As I walked in the door with groceries, I asked them where was the cat. They didn't know and couldn't see her. I was so freaked out that she was somewhere peeing, I told them to hurry and look for her while I brought in the rest of the groceries. 2 minutes later, Harriet comes down the stairs to report that she has found packages in my closet with tags on them "from Santa." I nearly died on the spot.
I had told the kids they weren't allowed in my closet because it had surprises in it and they were super good about it. I had their gifts from David and me, as well as other things. But, she had gone in there to look for the cat. UGH!!! Kit Cat!!!
I was desperate to think of a good reason why those packages with those tags were in my closet. After what seemed like an hour, I told them that sometimes Santa has so much to do that he will bring gifts a few days early so that they are already at the house. Then he comes back to finish and do stockings on Christmas Eve.
Harriet said she wished that I would have just lied to her and told her something that wouldn't have ruined Santa's secrets. Grace said she thought I was going to say something ELSE, but was very glad I didn't. I asked her what she thought about it. She and Harriet both agreed that they would completely forget by tomorrow (CHRISTMAS EVE, mind you) and that Grace would really like to pretend that "this conversation NEVER happened."
There you have it. The cat peed and ruined Christmas. Thanks a lot Lis!
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment