Burying yourself in corn is less fun when you stand up and realize your undies are full of corn and hay!
Grace has a tradition for herself to never choose an orange pumpkin. She always wants one of the white luna pumpkins or a green pumpkin or a yellow pumpkin/squash thing. This year, she chose yellow. Funny kid, that one.
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!
This year, the costumes were super adorable and so easy. I loved Grace as Anakin "Annie" Skywalker and Harriet as Rapunzel. She decided to be Rapunzel the day she chopped her hair. Good thing the costume came with a great wig!
Heading out for trunk-or-treat at church.
She even got gold sparkly shoes to match... oh Harriet, my beauty.
Harriet and her BFF, Gilli.
Grace and Dallin with their super-natural weapons and fantasy powers. I begged Grace to go as Hermione when I found out Dallin was going to be Harry Potter. She would be the PERFECT Hermione. No Dice. Annie Skywalker, it is.
We carved pumpkins the night that the Boston Red Sox were playing the final game of the world series. Grace carved her Boston B logo into her pumpkin for good luck. It worked. They won!
Harriet and her Hello Kitty creation.
I thought it was fitting that we have a bike on the family pumpkin this year. This thing is the biggest pumpkin I've ever bought. (I usually try to buy the biggest one I can lift into a wagon at the GGYR pumpkin patch.) I must have been strong that day. I couldn't lift it by myself afterwards. I wish I had weighed it, but I'm confident it weighed more than Grace.
Harriet's 2nd grade class. They don't let the kids wear costumes on Halloween, so they have pajama day.
I ended up being in charge of the class party craft project. We made these adorable spider webs and spiders.
Hmm... Annie Skywalker is too skinny for her utility belt and it fell off as they rang Grandma's doorbell after school.
(Side note- I'm SO glad I took that picture of Grace's long hair a few weeks back. She went to get a haircut the day before Halloween and we ended up cutting a huge length off because it was so damaged. This is super short hair for her. She seems to be ok with it though. I think it looks so much nicer than the tangled mess it used to be. I'm sure she'll grow it out over winter again though.)
These kids belong to people we know from David's work and Galloping Grace (same family.) They live in the boonies and had nowhere to trick-or-treat so we invited them to join us in our neighborhood full of houses and kids. It was a super chilly night. Coldest Halloween we've had in ABQ yet.
but don't the jack's look awesome?!
David and I were bah humbug this year. We did not dress up. We did not host any parties. We thought we were pretty awesome to just be alive and well and be able to hand out candy. Some years are different than others.














No comments:
Post a Comment