Thursday, May 02, 2013

Hello Harriet! (I mean Kitty)


Harriet's Hello Kitty phase is a strong one.  It has lasted the entire school year and is not waning.  I wondered if I'd have to create Hello Kitty out of fondant, but she decided she wanted the pretty, fluffy, ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins with a perfect Hello Kitty on top.  It's the first birthday cake I've ever bought for the kids.  I still made some simple cupcakes to go with the ice cream.    I couldn't let it be that easy.  Plus, Harriet really loves my frosting.  





Here's the Hello Kitty Fest Photo Tour:

I really cannot believe how many products are out there with a Hello Kitty on it.  You could buy a million things.  Harriet would like to.  These are the few that made it into the party favor bags,

along with the Hello Kitty jewelry they made.



I went ahead and took confidence that I could draw a Hello Kitty for the game.  She's pretty simple.  I think that's why I like her so much though.  It's much less distracting and overwhelming than all the princess stuff.  Plus, she's just so sweet.  Not a sassy thing about her.  
I mean, really, is there anything cuter than pin-the-bow-on-Hello-Kitty?

 well, maybe the birthday girl trying to put the bow on the wall.

Harriet has some new fun friends this year.  I am so grateful for a few NICE little girls.  
There are so many mean ones.  Thanks for coming: Gilli, Ady, Savannah, Ava, and Rylie!





And, the last candle has been blown out for the year.  
So grateful for a successful end to birthday season!

1 comment:

Barnhisel Blog said...

Such a cute party!! I have to copy this for Kate's this year.