Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Father/Son camp-out (aka David takes our girls and calls them Greg and Harry)

He has actually done that in the past.  Why should the boys get all the fun?  But, this year they were a little nicer about it and designated it fathers and kids.   That was really nice actually, because the "follow the rules" dads actually brought their daughters too so that our girls' friends were all up there as well.   I would be fine with fathers and sons if they had a daddy/daughter campout, but they don't.  (no worries - I don't need a mommy/daughter campout - that's called "book the Marriott and go out to dinner!"  I like the outdoors and all.  I just don't feel the need to sleep, cook, and pee outside.)

Curious that the fathers/kids campout always concurs with Mother's Day weekend.  (Truthfully, the moms don't seem to mind the free GNO night they get.)  This year, I already had plans to be kid-free for the weekend.  That's another post.  Here's what David and the girls and the dogs did while I was gone.  By all accounts it was super fun, kind of cold (woke up to frozen rain on their tent - it hasn't rained in NM since October, so of course, it would rain the night they went camping) and a little icky (outdoor bathroom use didn't go so smoothly... hahaha... dirty dogs, dirty car, and I now have 2 bear teeth, no joke, in my laundry room.)  So, perfect weekend!

a little razr action

freaky weird cool tree

girls at the bottom of it - that split is really high up


unknown.. lichen? pine needles?  weird cow poop?  help me out babe.  
you should go back to blogging your own stuff!

Oh, and I was excited to hear that the dogs made it (barely) on a 3 mile hike and did plenty of river wading and running around.  Go Velvet and Shadow!  Not too shabby for 13 and 15 year old puppies.  I guess they were super happy. The doggies do love to camp and sleep in the tent.

No comments: