We started the weekend with an egg hunt at our neighborhood park with friends. It was a notably NICE spring day. Usually, Easter season in ABQ is really not that nice. Spring here, well, blows. Literally. It's the one dirty little secret about living here - that you can't enjoy spring because of the brutal, unceasing, winds. It might be a gorgeous, sunny, warm day, but the wind will ruin it every time. However, I can count into double digits now, the number of really really nice days we've had this spring! It's totally abnormal for ABQ, but I'll take it!
I think it was last year that the kids decided that the Easter Bunny deserved midnight treats as much as Santa, so they started a new tradition. This year, they left EB a carrot cupcake with carrot garnish and some ice water. What bunny wouldn't love that?!
Harriet was more excited over this Easter than she has been about anything, maybe, ever. I don't know what got into her, but she could NOT wait for Easter, and the night before, she could NOT sleep. at 11:30pm, she came into my room saying she couldn't sleep. I told her to go back to bed so that the Easter Bunny could come. She said "he already came!" She had already found the Golden Egg he traditionally leaves in their bedrooms. Hmm... stealthy Easter Bunny we have. I have no idea how he snuck in and out so fast. But, then, the problem became going back to bed and WAITING for morning. She did not wait well. David did not sleep. Morning was a little rough. Easter Egg hunting went very fast now that they are such good lookers and finders.
Harriet was REALLY hoping for this chocolate bunny to be in her basket. She was a happy girl!

Our EB leaves big eggs filled with cadbury mini-eggs down the stairs. The girls figured this out a few years ago and now have a fair system so that the mini-eggs are distributed evenly. Those mini-eggs are like finding pure gold.

This is the first year, ever, in our whole marriage that we don't have early church. 11am church is SO much nicer, especially on holidays (as long as you don't have babies and toddlers who wish they were napping at 1 when you are still at church!) We have plenty of time to sleep in (ya right), hunt eggs, and get dressed up without rushing and being crazy. Gone are the days of matching Easter dresses, but I love that the girls are each her own person. Harriet just couldn't have been more excited about the pretty blue dress she picked out and had bought matching earrings to go with it. She and I made the headband together. Grace, always bummed out to have to wear a dress, was surprisingly cooperative to put hers on. She was ok with the sash as long as we didn't tie it in a bow, and of course, wore wolf necklace jewelry to accessorize.
Funny kids. I love them to pieces.
Happy Easter!





1 comment:
Very cute girls. Love the dresses.
Post a Comment