Sunday, December 02, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Well, I haven't done many "I'm grateful" posts this year.  But, I am thankful for quite a lot of things including my husband, daughters, family, friends, my house in sunny NM, our dogs making it through one more year in mostly good health, food to eat, my volunteer jobs, David's paying job, horses and the therapy they provide, supportive teachers and staff at the girls' school, just to name a few.

I'm also thankful for small moments like these:

enough leaves to rake and play in on a spontaneous afternoon at the bus stop

fall weather, nice enough for shorts and t-shirts

Red's face to greet me in the morning, even if he hasn't brushed his teeth

a giant bareback horsey hug, complete with winter fur for the best snuggle ever

Snuff's sweet and eager eyes every time I take him out for a ride

a very tiny person, leading a very big, but willing and sweet, horse 
(Dodge is the girls' new GGYR favorite)

2 sisters who love each other, despite daily effort to avoid it

2 big tables set for Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  
We hosted our own Thanksgiving for the first time.  

friends filling the tables to the brim...  I only got a picture of the kids' table though.  
Having no relatives in town for the holiday, we invited The Merrill Family, Pond Family, Tanner Family, and David's single friend, Bernie, from work to join us.  

Harriet practicing her piano in her pretty dress just before church last Sunday.

And, a lot of other things just like these.  

1 comment:

Christine Chapman said...

Thanks for posting. It was nice reading it.