First of all what a GORGEOUS day on the mountain. Need I say more?
Well, there is more to say about Miss Harriet...
So, Harriet's half day was actually a 4 hour private lesson with a cool guy in a cowboy hat. As much as we wanted to turn it into a 7 hour private lesson, we agreed to honor her request and pick her up at lunch. David and I skied with her the rest of the afternoon. And, by the end of the day, she was SWOOSHING down the bunny slope at break-neck speed. She has no need for learning to turn yet. She loves going fast and doesn't mind the occasional crash that used to terrify her. She just tumbles head over heels, pops back up and goes again.
heading up the bunny slope chair lift
We ALL had smiles on our faces at the end of this glorious day. Grace learned a ton in HER 7 hour semi-private lesson (only 2 kids in her class.) I LOVE spring skiing!! Oh, how I hate being cold, more than anything. I hate waiting in line for the lift when you are freezing to death. So, when the temperature is 50-60 degrees and I can take my coat and gloves off and soak in the sunshine while riding up the chair lift with no line, and then take a cool swish down the mountain - it is heaven. Sitting on the deck for lunch is like being at a spa and then watching the kids have a huge blast with no complaints that their hands are cold, or their feet are freezing, is just so great.
I have no desire to fly down the mountain or to try any crazy steep or ungroomed hills, so I just love being able to slowly work my way down on an easy run through the trees. It's like going on a walk on a nice day. I have no desire to learn to ski better either - I don't need to! I know everything I need to know to enjoy it the way I like to. Sorry babe - you can do the blacks on your own or bring a friend.
Thank you spring skiing for a gorgeous and productive day. Good Job to Harriet too! We are so proud of you for trying hard and learning to ski!



No comments:
Post a Comment