We did postpone our girls trip a few days to squeeze in a quick soccer camp. But, we finally did hop in the car Saturday morning and head out.
Grace and Harriet have become extremely good travelers. They grew up from babies on cross-country plane trips and it has translated to the car well. I'm actually quite amazed that I can make the 10-12 hour drive by myself with them with very few issues. It is definitely a blessing that they make it as easy as possible for me to do.
This particular Salt Lake trip was quite like all the others with tons of cousin time with Sean and Kate, endless spoiling by Grandma and Grandpa, and plenty of aunt appearances.
Grandpa's latest hobby is rocket launching. We started the week with a little trip down the street for a few blast-offs.
A little swing in Grandma's yard.
Hogle Zoo? nope, never been THERE before!
Who has the skinniest legs? Aunt Jess? Grace? Hattie? The giraffes?
I have wanted to take the girls to Temple Square forever. We finally made it this time. We took light rail down town and spent the morning doing all the sights. Giant Christus statue;
Temple Doors;Reflecting pool;
Lion House and Beehive House. Grace also insisted that we eat at the Lion House since they like the recipes from The Lion House cookbook I have.
I love the cute little play room at the Beehive house.
This trip was quite unlike our other visits to Salt Lake because we got to do lots of fun wedding stuff with Aunt Jessica! One of the things I really panic about, being the only sister who doesn't live in Salt Lake, is missing things like this. Of course, I'd make it to her wedding somehow, but it's not guaranteed that I would be around to see her try on her bridal gown, have the girls fitted together for flower girl dresses at the bridal shop, shop with my sisters for bridesmaid dresses, or be there to throw a shower for Jess. I totally lucked out on my timing and got to do all of the above.
In between telescope adjustments that one night, I was in and out of the kitchen door trying to make this cake! I'm still pretty new at the whole fondant thing, so I know it's taking me longer than it should, but we finally did get this one to turn out for the shower (about a 10 hour project total thanks to Melissa and my mom helping me into the wee hours of the night.)

2 comments:
Wow, you weren't kidding you'd get me back. I knew I was an ugly crier, but I had no idea I was an ugly sleeper too! Thanks Shell. I love the photos you took of Randy and the girls. I need to get a few more photos from you.
You are so good at documenting your life. I love looking at the pictures (that are seriously great) and reading your story as you are telling it. Your sense of humor is nice. Laughing at the question about whose legs are skinnier.
There seem to be so much going on that I'm starting to feel as though I should get my rear of the office chair and think of fun things to do with my kids. And document it as I go along.
Nice to see how Grace and Hattie seem to have adjusted nicely to their new surroundings.
Many hugs,
Annelie
Post a Comment