We had to wake up Harriet to go downstairs...
Each one found the things they had asked for under the tree...
Grace's big present was sparring gear for karate.
Harriet's big present was a princess castle.
The biggest surprise was that Santa had left an extra present under the girls' own trees in the front room. We didn't find them right away, but Hattie spotted them. Razor scooters! The kids have had so much fun with those things. We even took them to Salt Lake and rode them in Aunt Lissie's kitchen all week.
The sweetest gifts:
While I love a giant pile of presents from Santa as much as anyone, there were a few gifts this year that I really thought were just the sweetest things and represented the best of gift giving at Christmas.
*Grace took her own money to the bookstore at her school and bought presents for our whole family and both sets of her grandparents. She was so excited to give those gifts and we were even more thrilled to have them from her.
| mine from Grace was a pretty necklace that says "#1 Mom." hope I can live up to that. |
*Grace and Harriet again took their own money and bought presents for Velvet and Shadow. You'd be surprised at how much Velvet and Shadow like Christmas morning and it's awesome when they have something under the tree too. The girls just adore those doggies.
*Eamon! We had forgotten to check the mail on Christmas Eve, so on Christmas morning, David headed over to see what we had missed. The most perfect Christmas morning present was waiting in the mail box. Grace's darling little friend (Eamon) from Massachusetts had crocheted a scarf for her all by himself and sent it with this great little note written in pencil on a scrap of notebook paper. I nearly cried when I saw it. It doesn't get better than that.

No comments:
Post a Comment