...and there will be more next week too, but here's what we've got so far:
GORGEOUS sunrises and sunsets. (did I mention that today is December 15th and I planted bulbs in my yard with no jacket on? I don't know if I will ever get used to this weather, but I like it! My whole adult life I have wanted to live somewhere that I didn't freeze to death all winter. Thank you ABQ!)
A preschool program, put on by Miss Hattie Marie and company.
 |
| First time using the curling iron on this girl. Her gorgeous goldilocks ringlets have not survived the dry ABQ air, so we had to give them a little help. |
 |
| "backstage" |
 |
| First dance with a boy! Estevan told his mom that he was so excited to dance with Harriet. |
 |
| "I am an angel fairy." This was her only line. She was surprisingly upset later that she only had one line, but the preschool didn't think she'd do it if they gave her more since she never speaks! |
A second trip to the Galloping Grace Christmas Corral tree stand. No, we didn't get another tree, but we went back for some Santa time and I let the girls play as long as they wanted, which turned into over 2 hours. Actually, I think I still had to bribe them to leave.
 |
| Tinkering in Santa's workshop |
 |
| Getting comfy in the gingerbread house after thoroughly cleaning it. |
 |
| We met Mrs. Claus! Come on, she should get more credit. We know she does most of the work all year and Santa gets to be the rock star on Christmas Eve. |
 |
| Hattie, barely daring to whisper in Santa's ear. |
 |
| Grace, gleefully making her second request, in person, for something that was NOT on her list. NOT ON THE LIST GIRL! I sure hope Santa has his A game on. |
A mini recital at ballet class today. Hattie is 3rd from the right. If I could ever get a video to load on this blog, I would post one. I recorded the Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer performance today and I've got the preschool one too.
We did Grace's class party today too and will do Harriet's on Friday. Then, after Friday, these kids have 18 and 20 days off of school for Christmas break!!! What??? I never got that much time as a kid. Should be fun - I'm looking forward to it!
1 comment:
18 and 20 days - WHAT!?! I am SO JEALOUS!! I think I'll just pull my kids out of school for four days so we can spend some time with family in Utah... and then we'll come back and the boys can take a few weeks to make up all the work they missed! Oh well... it's what we do. Maybe we should just move to ABQ -- it sounds pretty sweet! :)
Enjoy your loooonnnnggg Christmas break!
(sure miss you guys... STILL!)
Post a Comment