Last weekend, Grace went to bed crying because she missed the snow in Massachusetts. The kid loves winter and adores snow. Let's just say I didn't move her to a place where she will be getting much of either. I felt SO bad for her. I felt a little selfish having moved to my ideal climate while taking her from hers. I have to admit though, it is just a little weird to celebrate the Christmas season without jackets on. We said a little prayer that we would please get snow in Albuquerque. I guess Someone heard her and listened.
In the last 48 hours we have gone from 65 degrees and planting bulbs to this, yesterday morning:
 |
| Hattie was so excited to get to wear her rain gear again. |
To this, yesterday afternoon:
 |
| It CAN be done! A snowman in the desert! |
 |
| Our last "hurrah" with the Evans family. They are moving back to California this weekend. We will miss them on the street and wish them well. |
To THIS, this morning!!!!
 |
| snow covered desert - looking towards the volcanoes |
I have never seen a kid so happy for a snowstorm as Grace. Hattie was pretty pumped too. She ran from window to window when it started yesterday with big huge eyes and a giant grin on her face. Of course, since the entire city of ABQ owns all of about 5 snow plows and 4 shovels (we own 3 of those shovels), 6 inches of snow really slows things down. We had a 2 hour school delay this morning. It turned out to be a perfect way to start my birthday. The snow couldn't have come at a better time - we had no plans for this morning. So, we got up, asked Daddy to fish the sled out of the attic, and headed for the hill at the library and got a good hour of sledding in before the school bus showed up. I LOVE living in a place where it is a
treat to get rain and snow and not a daily chore.
Last day of school for both kiddos today, fresh snow on the ground, fun birthday weekend, and Christmas just ahead. Not too bad at all. Thanks for the early Christmas present Santa!
3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute!
Are you serious??? Everybody's getting snow but us!!! I have had it with warm places getting snow.
Anyhow, anger aside, your pictures are great.
Love the one of Hattie from behind in her rain gear. So cute.
We got your cute Christmas card, thanks, Eamon really appreciated the picture of Grace. It has a special place on Eamon's desk.
Miss you.
I'm so happy for your girls. I remember how much I loved snow as a kid. It was magical. Hattie and Grace are adorable--we loved the card. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment