These girls we are raising are so awesome. Yes, sometimes we wish we could FED EX them overnight to Grandma's house, but every so often, they just blow us away with how sweet, smart, and talented they are. We like to think we have something to do with that? maybe?
This last Sunday in church was one of those days to be proud parents. Nothing major went on, but they both just showed us in little ways what big people they are on the inside.
David is one of the co-teachers for Grace's Sunday School class. The lesson topic was about developing your talents. David asked Grace if she'd bring her guitar to class and play for everyone. We were pretty surprised when she didn't shy away and said she'd be excited to do it. I totally thought I'd have to bribe her and beg her. She even memorized an extra song so that she'd have two to play without bringing her music. She played Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" and also "Yankee Doodle." David said she did a really good job. She said she was nervous, but that didn't stop her or make her hesitate to do it. We are really happy with how much she's learned in her guitar lessons this year and love hearing her practice. (I am so sad that today will be her last class with her current teacher since he just accepted a job at Cornell University and will be moving to New York next week. We were lucky to have him while we did. I am so not looking forward to trying to find a new teacher!)
Meanwhile, in Jr. Primary, Harriet was the spotlight child. I don't know who interviewed her or when, but this is what was said about her:
Name: Harriet Chapman .
I am a member of Sunbeams 1 Primary Class.
My favorite thing to do is color with crayons in my coloring book.
I have 4 + 2 dogs people in my family.
When I grow up I want to be mother .
My favorite color is pink .
My favorite animal is elephant .
My favorite food is ramen noodles .
My favorite thing about Primary is singing songs and my teachers .
An example of when I chose the right when I tell my sister I love her .
Harriet really does love babies and has such a natural tendency to nurture and take care of things. I know she'll be a great mom someday, but sometimes I'm afraid that the kids will look at what a nutcase I am and decide they don't want to be a mom if it means losing your marbles. When I read this, it gave me hope that I'm doing a good job. I also love that Harriet said that she loves her primary teachers. They are both the cutest, sweetest people. She was so scared to go to church classes by herself when we moved here. Both of her teachers were so loving and patient with her and she is now very attached to them and excited to see them (although she still has to take her blankie to class so she's not scared.)
awww... what great kids I have! I need to print this and blow it up and frame it so that when they drive me crazy I give them the benefit of the doubt.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment