I stole that title from a friend's facebook post. I love it. We, apparently, can't get enough of vacationing and travel. So far, this September, we've had a couple of mini-vacations which will soon be followed by THE BIG DISNEY trip next week! I am seriously so excited. I'm excited for my kids AND for me. I love Disneyland and I can't wait to share it with them and see how magical it is for them when they are still little enough to be mesmerized by everything.
But I digress. Here's the Sept vacation report so far:
Daddy has done waaaaayyyy too much traveling this year for work. We miss him lots when he goes, but the bonus side is that he gets to collect airplane miles and hotel points. He had a couple of Marriott nights burning a hole in his pocket, so we took the kids up to Santa Fe over Labor Day weekend for a night away, a swim in the pool, a good meal out, and a fun arts festival in Old Town. I thought we had moved away from the really old American History when we left Boston (inc. 1630), but we were in Santa Fe for it's 400th anniversary! (that's 1610 for the math avoiders.) I had no idea Santa Fe is the site of the oldest church structure in the country.
 |
| cool desert-friendly fountain |
 |
| Cathedral in Old Town. Not the oldest church, but still cool. |
Then, momma got a little break all to herself to visit Jessica at her house in Houston for the first time. Well, it was almost a break all to myself - I DID have to sleep in the same room as Kate and Sean. "Sleep" is a loose term used to describe resting on a bed during the dark hours until morning. I really wish I could have taken my kids too, but the school district here is super strict about absences and since we are already taking Grace out next week for Disney, I couldn't justify it.
 |
| Jess and Nick's back patio |
Jessica and Nick roll like rock stars. They have a pretty great little life there in Houston with their 3 doggies, excuse me, horses.
 |
| Dante, Dozer, and Diesel. the scale: Diesel (far right), is about the same size as Velvet and Shadow. I used to think I had big dogs... |
 |
| The PUPPY and the baby. Can't believe that dog will be about 2x that size soon. Still, if I had room for him in my suitcase, I would have stolen him. Sweet Dante. |
 |
| my favorite mini-Michael Jackson fan |
It was awesome to get to spend lots of time with these guys since I don't get the chance very often, especially to get to know Nick better.
We took the kiddos to the Houston Aquarium, where, much to my dismay was a live WHITE tiger. I didn't know if I'd have the heart to tell Grace I saw a white tiger without her. We stocked up on gift shop tiger stuff to soften the blow.
Jess and Nick also took us out on their boat for a grand afternoon. Melissa and I got on the tube together and pretended we were teenagers again, laughing our guts out and hanging on for dear life as Nick tried to dump the sis-in-laws in the lake. It was so much fun, I had no idea the next morning I wouldn't be able to feel my arms or move them for 2 more days. Getting old sucks. I wish I had a boat and a lake though. Good times.
 |
| just a tad hot in the lifejackets. sorry kids. |
 |
| Yes, mo-Deb. You were too there. Stop hiding from pictures. |
 |
| Jess hasn't changed one bit. Still the wildest one we own. Totally impressed with her mad tubing skills. |
Thanks Jessica and Nick for showing us a great time and being such great hosts!
Let's just safely say that the reality of the school year and winter are going to hit me HARD. sometime. Don't want to think about it. Still playing in the sun. It's still 90 in ABQ, so I'm safe for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment