Monday, September 13, 2010

and a pre-schooler

Miss Hattie Marie... or HARRIET as she now prefers to be called.  What?
Harriet has been missing school ever since she left her fantastic little school in MA.  We couldn't get her in here until fall and then it felt like she had to wait even longer when Grace started so early in August.  Harriet had her first day last Wednesday after Labor Day.  She did cry when I left her the first day, but has been gung ho ever since.
just before the tears...
Harriet's preschool is quite the production.  They require so much of their parents, it's hard to keep up.  But, I can tell she's going to have a really great year, so I can't complain.  What else do I have to do?  I mean really.

The only thing proving to be a stretch for me this year is actually the schedule coordinating.  I only have 2 kids, I have no idea how people do it with 4, or 5, or MORE.  Holy cow.  Grace's guitar and Hattie's school end at the exact same time (not planned that way) every Wednesday, just for example.  My week seems to be full of stuff like that.  Last week was anyway, I'm hoping to smooth it out as we go.  My job has become full time schedule calendar coordinator.

Harriet is the star student of the week this week.  She gets to take a big poster of pictures of herself doing things she likes to do and also take a bag of her favorite things to share with the class.  It sounds like so much fun, but I will never understand preschool teachers who think that a 4 year old can leave their FAVORITE belongings at school for the whole week.  (no, this isn't the first time we've been asked to do it!)  The very definition means that those things are carried around around all day, played with, slept with, and needed on an hourly basis.  We will not be leaving pink B and blue baby in the bag.  We are taking her "almost favorite" things.  Sheesh!  And, heaven tell me, WHAT would happen if they LOST one of said favorite things at the school???  Let's not even hope to think of it.

Other than school, Hattie is keeping herself busy by making giant messes, begging mommy to play, 
going to park days, and going to her dance class once a week.

Who knew "fall dance" started on August 1st.  I missed the first class, but now we're on track and doing well.  She is so stinking cute in her dance clothes.  I wish she'd be a little less reserved and really let herself go in class.  She's always so shy and timid with her movements.  Hopefully, she'll warm up and let loose sometime this year.

We're looking forward to having lots to report from this preschool year.  There's lots on the calendar... hopefully mommy will remember to do it all!

1 comment:

Barnhisel Blog said...

I want her! So cute.