Friday, January 29, 2010

grandma and grandpa time

I guess my last post was too much of a downer (wasn't meant to be - just a statement of current fact), so I'll put up something new. After all, we've got to give a little report of how things went while David and I were gone for 8 days!

Grandma and Grandpa Chapman drew the lucky straw to get to come and stay with the girls while we went house-hunting in NM last week. I don't know how lucky they felt at some points (getting lost and pulled over on the way to the church, being responsible for our house during the appraisal, supervising the installation of our new oil tank, having to shovel the New England weather, etc. etc.) But, I think overall they had a great time with the girls. Hattie hasn't spent a lot of time with them in her life, so it was a great chance for her to get to know them better. I fear that Barbara now knows just a bit too much about my personal habits after running my household though.

They didn't take pictures while we were gone, but we did get daily reports. I'm still not quite sure if they made some of this up to make me feel better, but by all accounts, sibling warfare was rare, Hattie ate all of her meals, and Grace was a helpful child. Hmm... something doesn't add up. Either Grandma is a good fibber or she has magical powers. I'm starting to think she actually might be related to Harry Potter in some way. Hattie is still eating her meals and her ocd habits are much reduced.

What does all of this say about me? Let's not go there, but I'm sure David would be happy to discuss.

The last day Grandma and Grandpa were here, we threw a little birthday party for Grandpa since it is coming up soon. The girls sure love their Grandpa Earl, and we really like to give him treats.We are all thankful for both of them. They really do amazing things for us. Thank you doesn't even begin.

No comments: