I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks. There has been nothing noteworthy to say for so long. I feel absolutely BLAH. I'm not happy, I'm not really sad, I just don't feel like anything. I don't feel like doing something fun, I don't feel like going anywhere - I even have my groceries delivered, but at the same time, I am SICK of staying home, I don't feel like cleaning or organizing or crafting or reading or cooking or anything. I have the worst winter blues.
I haven't had winter blues since we moved here. I always got a case of it when we lived in Salt Lake under the grey inversions and disgusting winter smog. But, here, winter is actually pretty sunny and clear, so my mood follows that.
This winter, probably officially started for us with that ice storm that I don't care to reference again. That was followed by so many weeks of minus degree or barely 10 degree weather and storm after storm after storm. Those things combined have left us with a popsicle for a house - our roof and yard around the house buried in 4 inches of ice. The ice dam got so bad that the water started coming in and has now ruined the ceiling in the mudroom.
Still, in the midst of it all, I was grateful that we actually stayed pretty healthy. I couldn't believe that in the worst winter I can remember, no one had a cold or the flu or anything. I thought that too soon. Now that the weather is finally starting to break - above freezing, yay! - we are SICK. Hattie has had a series of colds. I had a pretty good one a few weeks ago, and now we're on another round. Harriet went to urgent care Friday night to find out that she has walking pneumonia. Grace woke up this morning with gallons of snot in her head. (So, we're staying home from church - again.) I feel like crap all the time anyway being pregnant. I am so sick of sitting on my red couch blowing noses!!! My dogs are going completely nuts. They ask to go outside every 10 minutes and continually bring me a ball or something to ask "CAN YOU PLEASE PLAY WITH US???" I took them for a short walk to the bridge the other day, but that was all I could muster.
Will we ever get to go outside again? I relish the short few weeks when winter is breaking before the spring rain and BUGS start up. I fear I will have to wait until August now to actually enjoy going outside. I am totally claustrophobic and just need to get out of here! I am really looking forward to our trip to Salt Lake in April. The weather better be 100% fantastic during our short excursion for Grace's spring break.
I guess that's all the venting I need to do. Here is a totally cute picture of Hattie pretending to go somewhere. She does this all the time - gets all dressed up to leave and tells me she's going to the store or to a party. Poor kid.

1 comment:
I hear ya sister! when are you going to SLC? We are going April 1-7!!
Post a Comment