Sunday, January 18, 2009

proof

that we are the heathens we say we are (we've never tried to hide it):

What does the 2nd counselor in YOUR bishopric do when church is canceled? Here's what ours does:
Come on, I mean, we have 2 tiny kids who got up at 6:15am this morning. I meticulously got ready for church last night so that I could get them ready on my own this morning. Had the clothes all laid out, the bags ready to go with activities, snacks, scriptures, and books. Then, it has to snow on the day we are actually ready to go to church!!! David even got up and got dressed to the tie and got the cars warmed up before they made the call to cancel. The one day we are prepared, got up early, and would have been ready and on time with time to spare.

As David says, he is just spending quality time with his daughters. Can't argue with that one. I can't think of anything else I'd rather have him be doing at any time on any day. If we're heathens, then maybe the word needs to be redefined.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Collin wishes he was living at your house today -- Guitar Hero on Sunday? NO WAY! :)

Barnhisel Blog said...

Rock on Brother Chapman!