Sunday, August 17, 2008

2008-A mid-year review

While I am late for a mid-year review that is pretty much the story of my 2008. It has been packed with adventures, work, and miscellaneous other items that have kept me really busy. I have been meaning to blog about several things and this will be my transition to blog about these items over the next week (even after 8 months!).

This year has been a little crazy. I can't believe that summer is almost over, Grace is about to start kindergarten, and I now have to go back to the grind after lots of vacation this summer. So to get me back into the habit of blogging, I am going to write a brief, one paragraph summary of everything I need to blog about.

After not taking much vacation last year, it seems that I have more than made up for it in 2008. It started in January with a week to Smuggler's Notch in Vermont for some skiing. This was the first time I had skied in a decade and it was great fun to get back on the slopes. I even made it to Alta, Utah for a day of skiing in February. Grace went to ski school and despite missing a couple of days because of the flu, was pretty decent by the end of the week. Too bad she is still a little on the timid side.

Later in the year I got to visit with the soon to be world famous Dr. Bryan Warnick. Bryan was in town for a conference and we were able to spend a day together exploring sites, eating dinner, and catching up. It is always good to catch up with old friends.

Hattie is now a terrible two. She has gotten to be such a joy. She can be very trying at times, but she really is cute. She has progressed so much this year and I still need to post my birthday letter to her.

A trip to Utah. This included a family reunion (first time in 10 years everyone was together and over three years since most of us were together). A long bike ride with Brian and Wendy to (almost) Manti. A visit with Jared and long lost David B. And another trip to Buffalo Point with Brian and Wendy for some beautiful sunsets.

And finally a trip to Cape Cod with our friends here in Stow. A beach house, a train ride, a pirate adventure, what more can I ask for.2008 is more than half-way done but it already feels like we have done more than a year's worth of activities. Now if only I would blog about all of this.

No comments: