Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Mother's Day Conversation

Happy Mother's Day 2008


After getting home from church we all sat down to eat lunch together. I had to blog about this conversation that Grace had with Michelle.

Grace: Mommy, sorry about Mother's Day.
Michelle: Why? Are you sorry about being mean today?
Grace: No, I just mean sorry about Mother's Day because I love Daddy more than you.
Michelle: You do!
Grace: Yeah, but it is close. I love Mommy 100 and I love Daddy 101.
Michelle: So at least it is close. Do you sometimes love Mommy 101 and Daddy 100?
Grace: Yeah, sometimes, I guess.

Five minutes later:

Grace: Mommy, since it is your special day, you can do anything you want. It is all OK. You can play all day and Daddy has to do all the work. It will be good. That is what Daddy does on Mother's Day.

You have to love Grace's honesty.

It is OK Michelle, we know who Grace really loves!

2 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Oh my gosh! I'm dying. That is HILARIOUS! HA HA HA HA HA.

I hope you had a good Mother's Day and got to play and do whatever you wanted.

Jennie Z said...

That is so funny! At least she loves you 100 and not a 9 or something.