come see my kitchen right now. I was going to take a picture of it, but the picture just doesn't do justice to how deep the mess is.
Actually, when we got home from school today and I looked around my house at the piles of laundry, heaps of dishes, sticky icky bathroom, and thought of all I have to do while the kids are in the middle of fighting with each other, hungry for lunch, and I'm on the phone with the car dealership trying to figure out when to go get my pathfinder, I started freaking out.
So, I get off the phone and I say to the kids (mostly to myself), WE HAVE NO UNDERWEAR AND NO FORKS AND IF YOU DON'T START BEING NICE AND HELP ME I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT!
(our code phrase for being way behind on laundry and dishes is that "we have no underwear and no forks" because those are the things we run out of first!)
Grace very calmly looks at me and says "go ahead mom, freak out." Like, seriously, mom, what's the worst that will happen. You're already nuts anyway, we want to see what all this talk is about freaking out. So, I started laughing my head off and did a silly crazy dance in the kitchen and the kids laughed their heads off and we all feel much better.
1 year ago

6 comments:
I don't know if I feel better about myself, but at least I know that I'm not alone. Maybe I should try the crazy kitchen dance. That might help!
It is always good to know that other people go crazy sometimes too. I went and bought new undies for the kids today- maybe that will prolong the freaking out. Just by more forks and underwear!
Sorry about all those deleted comments. That was me and my computer is freaking out.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels that way all the time. Happy to hear your a typical mom.
Post a Comment