

Well, we did end up having a good end to our trip despite the emergency room visit. Grace just had a virus, but it sure made her sick. She missed about a day and a half of skiing. She fell behind in the class and wasn't having so much fun, so we signed her up to take a private daddy and me ski lesson on Saturday morning. This was awesome for both of them. She really built up her confidence and started skiing really well. She has moved up to a level 2 skier which means she can now ride the chair lift.

David and I kept skiing all week. When the kids were sick, we just traded off, and then when they were a bit better and went back to camp and day care, we skied some more together. It was so nice to be together all morning and then go to lunch together without the kids. We haven't had so many dates in years.

We also had fun going to the fireworks show they have at Smuggler's. Grace was so excited because we missed the fireworks here on the 4th of July. She has not let us forget it since. The instructors also did a torch ski run right before the fireworks show which was pretty cool.

Yay for our first family vacation! David promised me that our next vacation (not to see relatives) will be somewhere warm. I would love to do Disney in 2009 before Grace gets much older.

David says he wants to post about skiing. Hopefully he will soon. I think he was really excited to get back to the sport. We will try to do some spring skiing in Utah when we come this year. David will be there in February and we (the girls and I) are going in March. We hear that Alta does free rope tow all day, so I think I'll take Grace and let her see some Utah powder. New England ice is not so fun...
2 comments:
I am so jealous! That looks so fun!
Looks like you guys had soooo much fun. I'm way jealous!
Post a Comment