We ended up not having much time to play since I was called as a juror. (We had a fantasy that I would have to go in for only 1 or 2 days and then we could spend the rest of the week playing.) The kids and I were also really sick when my mom got here and my kids stayed sick for much of the week, but we did do a few fun things at the end of the week. We went out to dinner at The Quarterdeck, Grace's favorite. We also did lots of "bumming" in Maynard, our favorite thing to do together. They took the girls to Erikson's Dairy for ice cream. We also did our Father's Day shopping and mailing and of course, lots of gabbing.
Other than me getting called to jury duty, the craziest thing to happen was that their plane ride home turned into a plane ride to Vegas, a car ride through the desert at 3am to St. George and then a small plane ride home to Salt Lake just in time for Father's Day brunch!
It is always nice to have them here and I am so extremely bummed that I didn't get to see them much before they had to leave.

No comments:
Post a Comment