I don't notice or celebrate Harriet's little weekly and monthly first-year birthdays as much as I did with Grace. Mostly, it's because I'm doing so much and thinking about so much that I don't even know what day it is! Harriet is also such a fast-forward baby that I'm not even sure what it is she's supposed to be doing at what age. I do know that while we were in Utah, Harriet reached the 9 month mark. Here is what she is and isn't doing now:
She IS:
*very healthy
*very big still - 19.5 pounds and 29 inches long (60th and 90th percentile)
*eating MUCH better - just about anything off of your plate. Her favorite this week was the shredded BBQ pork out of my burrito.
*getting lots of teeth - 3 came for Christmas and one on New Year's
*sitting up extremely well
*playing a lot more
*much happier and personable
*talking a lot - dada, baba, and I swear she says doggie and said kitty once
*laughing a lot
*playing pat-a-cake and waving to people
*taking fewer naps- down to 2 today
*trying VERY hard to crawl and was much inspired by spending time with her 17 month old cousin, Sean
*standing up by holding onto your hands
*paying attention to the TV more (I know this is mostly bad, but it is good for me - especially when making dinner!) Her favorites are Elmo, Baby Mozart, and just the introduction song of Little Einsteins. She also likes the opening scene of the movie "Cars."
She is NOT:
*spitting up as much - down to once or twice a day
*taking prescription meds for her belly anymore
*crying as much during the day or when I leave her with David
*easy going - she has a very sharp little temper
*fitting into the right clothes! I am still buying baby clothes because she skips ahead in sizes and seasons from what I had for Grace. Arggghhh...
*liking baby food so much - big people food please!
*getting a lot of hair, but the hair she does have has a hint of being curly?
*crawling or walking yet, but big sister didn't do those things until 10 and 15 months, so she's got some time before being embarrassed.
*sleeping through the night anymore! she was doing 10 hours, and now only does 4... little stinker...
I also know that I LOVE her. Although a difficult one to figure out, she is a bright spot in my life. I really have connected with her and I understand her. I'm starting to forget what life was like without her and that is a good thing.
Here are some photos of Hattie with all the family she got to hang with in Utah...

No comments:
Post a Comment