Isotopes game with our super fun Pond friends
Harriet just loves Gillian so much...
Grace, Gillian, Harriet, Garrett
The girls all spent quite a long time on the jumbo-tron!
They went down to visit Orbit. Grace had him sign her bat and Harriet had him sign her ball.
At the end of the night, they let the kids come down and run the bases. Pretty fun.
They have some fun Simpson's things at the stadium...
Then, one day we rode our bikes to Tingley beach. Harriet decided she couldn't ride back to the car, so David rode back to get it and pick us up. Ironically, we rented a paddle boat while he was gone. He scratched his head that she had enough legs to paddle the boat, but not to ride her bike.
(granted - I did a lot of the work.) Kids...
yep, she's part Mitchell - look at that tongue as she concentrates
And can hula hoop just like her Grandpa Lyle (who won a the daddy/daughter hula hoop contest sometime back in the '80's.)
The girls love getting their hair sprayed at the elementary school fall festival.
And, those crazy Ponds... got us to run home from Fall Festival, grab some pirate gear, and head over to Krispy Kreme for pirate day. Did you know you get a dozen free donuts for dressing like a pirate? And, an extra specialty donut for talking like one? We went home with SO many donuts. We delivered some to neighbors the next morning.
some puppy/girl love
The morning of ABQ Aloft, when they launch balloons from the elementary schools in town, our friends the COVILIS were here! Hattie, Kennedy, Grace. That's another whole post, but I thought I'd throw in the ABQ aloft since it was a school activity.
Mrs. Johnson, Harriet's kindergarten teacher, moved to Colorado earlier this year. She promised to come back for Balloon Fiesta and to launch her balloons at our school. She kept good on the promise and she and her husband were both able to get their balloons off this year. I still think it's hard to find something more magical than watching your kindergarten teacher float off in a balloon.For the activity day girls mother/daughter night, they had a proper English tea party. No amount of money could get Grace in a dress for this one, but I did convince her to wear a proper British riding outfit and bribed her to wear a hat for the picture. We borrowed some of Grandma Barbara's antique hats (I think they were her sister's.)
Gilli and Hattie
Harriet was ALL over this activity. She wore Jessica's bridesmaid dress from my wedding, Grandma's pillbox hat, and finished it off with the works.
THEN, we went to Galloping Grace's pumpkin patch - always a must-do in the fall.
Grace always chooses a luna pumpkin. This one was pretty hard to carve though, so she might change her mind next year.
And, that's not the half of it. No wonder I'm so far behind on blogging. Too busy doing things to write about them. Truthfully, I get lazy now because it's so easy and quick to post to Facebook and I know most people who care about seeing it will see it that way. But, I do miss a few (like my dad) and Facebook isn't a good enough journal, and I don't like posting tons and tons of pictures there either. So, I am committed to getting this blog up to date and keeping it going.





















No comments:
Post a Comment