David promised this would be a gorgeous spot and I have to give him credit. It was worth the drive up there. Yes, you can find spots like these in the dry NM desert if you look hard enough! It looks like Utah or Oregon, but it's just good ol' New Mexico - Carson National Forest.
(yep, got it. don't pack pressurized cans in bins on the outside of the car.)
hanging out in the tent, waiting for the rain to quit
middle Canjilon lake
my favorite hikers - this is always my view, I'm always way behind.
like, best roasted marshmallow ever!!! check out how puffy that thing is!
If you look really closely, you can see Grace fishing on the end of the peninsula in the lake.
Super cool foggy morning... the kids haven't seen fog since we left MA. They were so happy!
My gorgeous Harriet among the wildflowers. I wish I could freeze her and keep her like this forever.
Whitney trying to teach the girls a thing or two about fishing.
He and Elijah had better luck and caught 2.
Doggies, out on a hike around the lake. They still love camping and hiking so much.
This totally cute otter hung out with us for a while!
We saw and heard all kinds of wildlife, from the otter to pretty butterflies, hawks, and this great little frog who let the kids catch him about a dozen times. Plus, lots of elk bugles.
After the morning hike, I took the dogs back to camp to rest. Velvet collapsed on the ground and had a nap in the sun, completely satisfied and happy.
And, then everyone else collapsed in the car for the ride home.







No comments:
Post a Comment