Thursday, January 19, 2012

Simple Gifts

In the middle of what has been a fairly rough week (nothing major - just one of those weeks,) this little bright spot had a chance to shine through.  Grace has been working on this song for... I don't know how many weeks.  But, finally, after the last 2 solid weeks of buckling down and practicing right and well, she pulled it off and was able to play the duet with her teacher.  (She hates playing duets because the other person's part messes her up, so it was HUGE that she could play this well with a second part going on.) I am so proud of her for seeing it through and fixing all her mistakes.  

Have we mentioned how much we LOVE Grace's guitar teacher, DJ Armijo?  He's super awesome in so many ways.  We are extremely thankful for him.

Grace and DJ playing "Simple Gifts"
(unfortunately, I didn't catch the beginning with the video cam, but this is most of it.)

2 comments:

Christine Chapman said...

Awesome. I've always liked this song.

Annelie said...

Eamon and I think that was AWESOME!!!!!
We are so impressed.
Way to go, Grace.

Annelie and Eamon